Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Bridal Looks

There is love all around us. Specially today, you see talks of valentines on TV, on FB, on Blogs etc etc... For me, V-day was just another day... My marriage anniv was 3 days back and since we celebrate on 11th, we don't bother with the 14th... Every year, I do a wedding related post on FB but I missed this year. Hubs reminded me last night and I was like I am late by 2 days.. what's the point now... And then Suma posted this look and we got chatting. She suggested I do a post on my wedding look and I was like great idea!

I had a full blown Punjabi wedding with three major functions and two smaller ones... can you imagine the stress and the fun?

Chownki Look: Blue Lehnga 
The first one is from the Chownki we had... chownki is a four hour musical tribute to God. It is loads of fun because the presenters add a bit of comedy to lighten up things, they add mythology and spiritual stories and bhajans that are lively enough to be danced to! I wore a turquoise net lehnga for this evening. My makeup was done professionally and it was kept quite simple. The emphasis was on contouring and my nose has never looked better :)


Chownki Look: Blue Lehnga
The contouring is sooo visible in the second pic. But this was the first time I was exposed to it. The power of make up was slowly being revealed to me.


















Keertan Look: Blue Salwaar Kameez


Anywhoo, the next function was a small Keertan and I wore a suit this time. But guess what, this was also turquoise! What can I say? I was on a colour fixation those days and everytime I went shopping, I singled out turqouise clothes :p So the look was very simple with compact, a light pink lippie and a crystal bindi.

Mehndi Look: Yellow Kurti & Red Dupatta
So up next was my Mehndi and Sangeet which was a very small affair. I didn't do anything fancy for that evening. Just a Yellow Kurti with Red Bandhani dupatta over red capris... 












Engagement Look: Red Saree and Curled Hair
Next day was the Engagement and Sagan. I chose a red (see the repeating colours!) saree and got my makeup done at Ambika Pillai's salon in Delhi. This is my most favourite look amongst all. I think it is festive without being overly dramatic :)




Engagement Look: Makeup























Are you still reading? Well then we are at the last look. The D-day... I was a typical bride complete with a 15 kg lehnga, lots of kaleerein and regular dulhan waala makeup. I realised that all Ambika Pillai brides look the same. :(

Wedding Look: Red Red Red!
So, what do you girls think?

43 comments:

  1. woohoo anks lovely post!!!! and thankooo for mentioning me :) mmuuaaahhhzzz... and you look so pretty and soo innocent in your wedding pics.. my fav is your bridal pic... GORGEOUS!!!!! and wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the idea suma :)

    i liked the bridal pic too and then I saw other Ambika brides. They all looked the same... exactly the same... and if you look at the sagan and shaadi looks, the technique is the same both days.. even the colour... that put me off... i wish i'd researched a bit abt makeup and looks before hand. I just left it completely upto the MUA :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really loved the first pic in turqoise lehenga :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. U looked so beautiful and radiant in ur bridal wear :)..lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pooja... i think every bride looks radiant :)

      Delete
  5. Omgggggggg you are soooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you look in that engagement pic the best....it's elegant and beautiful...btw, curled hair really looks nice on you maybe you should try those often;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Emm... its my fav look too... i want to get that effect again but never managed to do it at home... i even bought a styler but the results are just not same :(

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! I loved ur turquoise lehenga wala photo.. U were a pretty bride ya..the contouring is done so well..and it just lengthens ur nose so well!!

    Thanx for sharing the wonderful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haina? I kept wondering what that aunty was doing with my nose all the while... and when i saw my face, i was like wow! even my mom's first reaction was abt my nose... lol

      Delete
    2. haha! I can imagine! ur sooo gorgeous Anks!!!

      Delete
  8. this is such a unique n beautiful post Anks... luved ur sagun luk n saree the most... clapsssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww... thanks Nidhi... i love the sagan look too :)

      Delete
  9. You look absolutely lovely! And I must say, turquoise really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. u look so pretty in all the pix , my fav is the sagan look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kannu... i'd love to see your wedding pics too...

      Delete
  11. loved reading it Anks. :) u look so radiant in all ur pics. or may be its the happy glow. :) With my wedding anniverasary approaching evn i feel like doing a bridal post now. :P aah the fun of being the Dulhan ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is goo makeup Jyoti! ohhhh yesss.. you shud do a post of ur bridal looks... u must have made a gorgeous blushing bride!

      Delete
    2. hehe.nopes yaar. Actually my makeup was ghastly. I would have looked much better without tht.Everybody felt the same way....especially after watching the pics. :| :| bt yeah i'll try to find out some normal looking pics and will do the post for sure. :)

      Delete
    3. arre, thats soo bad... who did your makeup?

      Delete
    4. some parlour wali aunty who had done beautiful makeup on some bride according to one relative. :| She somewht forced my mum to get her as my MUA :( and i had little knowledge to protest :|

      Delete
  12. wow Anky... u look so fab :) I want to hug you. thanks for mentioning me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome pics Ankita!!! You looking lovely in all the attires!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the pics, Especially the first side close-up and the last full bridal look. Last one really looks like a bride out of a magazine. massst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow Anu.... u made my day with that comment! thanks a bunch!
      *all smiles*

      Delete
  15. You look really nice :D.. but my fav pic is the keertan one.. somehow that is such a simple, yet very pretty look - I love how fresh you look in it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... u liked my handywork best? u are the first one to say so.. thanks a lot... i am truly truly flattered....

      Delete
  16. Wow........... Looking so classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look fab in all the outfits Ankita :)

    btw ive tagged u in my blog post.. chk it out..

    http://www.glitterandgorgeous.com/2012/03/tag-o-mania.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. You looking fab in all anks :) I loved the engagement n wedding esp..

    ReplyDelete